BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Social Context

For literature I am writing a post on social context.


I will start by saying that in the time period of the book Huckleberry Finn, slavery was still allowed, I'm guessing it was somewhere around the 1850's. And Huck, growing up in this time, didn't know that slavery was wrong. Blacks and Whites were separated. In many places, slaves were not allowed, it was hard for the freed slaves to find work, because nobody would hire them. I think that before Huck and Jim were living on a raft together, Huck saw Jim as no more then Miss Watsons slave, but now I think Huck sees Jim as a friend. Huck is noticing that Jim is just like him, only a different color.
Another thing that separates people is money. Basically, if you were educated, had a good job, and had money, you were put into a higher class. Especially if you owned lots of slaves.

0 comments: